Lots going on before and after launch.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint closed beta details were today confirmed alongside news of a post-launch content schedule. We’ve got the goods on both topics below.
Brekapoint closed beta
The closed beta is available to those who’ve pre-ordered Ghost Recon Breakpoint alongside Uplay+ subscribers. The closed beta runs between 5-8 September on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4, and pre-loading on those same platforms is available now.
Those who play the closed beta will have a chance to take part in Man Down, a special in-game charity event that will raise money for Child’s Play.
“During the Closed Beta players will have access to several provinces, missions to explore in up to four player co-op or solo,” Ubisoft advised. “Missions available include two Operation Greenstone missions, taken from the main storyline; Auroa Missions, which include side missions to discover more about the island and its inhabitants and Faction Missions which include eight new missions per day. Drone Areas are also available to test player’s strength in battle, where they can face-off against Murmurs, small flying drones that can swarm players; Aamons, mid-size land drones and Behemoths, huge, heavily armored drones with intense firepower.”
Post-launch content schedule
Year 1 post-launch content actually kicks off at launch with Operation Greenstone. New episodes — 2 and 3, specifically — will follow every four months.
“Each Episode will receive hours of new content and support including a New Adventure, New End-game Content (Raid and Updates), Faction Missions as well as PvP Updates and regular new content,” Ubisoft said, detailing the content as follows:
- New Adventures: New story-driven content that expands the main story of the game will be available with each episode.
- New End-Game Content: Every Episode will bring new End-Game content. Episode 1 brings the Project Titan Raid. Players will explore an active volcano on a new island in the Auroa archipelago where they need to use all the skills learned on Auroa in intense four-play co-op challenges. The Raid is replayable and adaptable for all play styles.
- New Faction Missions: Factions in the game will evolve over time and every month, new narrative Story Faction Missions will be released, bringing context as well as character development. New Faction Missions will be available daily and will provide objectives to support the factions and their narrative arcs.
- New Classes: Three new classes will be introduced in Year 1, starting with the Engineer which brings an expertise in hacking.
- Live Events: These events will feature VIPs that will help Nomad tackle new, terrible threats. A new Event will be available with each Year 1 Episode and lasts one month.
- PvP Updates: In addition to the three new classes coming Year 1, which will be fully playable in PvP, new maps and updates will keep Ghost War players on their toes.
- Regular New Content: New content such as new missions, activities and unlockables will be available with each new episode.
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint heads to Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4 on 4 October.