Foxtel is launching a dedicated 4K channel and will bypass ASDL 2+ or more advanced NBN connections in favourite of delivery via satellite.
According to Foxtel, the new channel is available to those customers who “have a Satellite service” alongside the company’s new iQ4 set top box, a compatible 4K television and Foxtel subscription. The new set top box boasts the following:
- Team link – the ability to series link your favourite team.
- Sports menu – makes suggestions based on the sport you love.
- Recording space – now increased to 3x the space of iQ2.
- Bluetooth remote – no more IR blasting and line of sight.
- WiFi enabled.
- Record up to 3 shows while watching a 4th.
The dedicated 4K channel, 444, will air concerts, select movies, documentaries and sport including cricket when it launches on 4 November.
Customers will also be required to subscribe to the company’s HD Sport package to access the channel.
In terms of 4K content, Foxtel had advised that some shows will be in native 4K and others in “up-scaled, or ‘up-res’, formats.”
For more on Foxtel’s 4K channel, head here.