Final Fantasy XV will head to Windows PC in early 2018, Square Enix confirmed at Gamescom.
The publisher has partnered with Nvidia to include GameWorks technology in this new version of the popular JRPG.
Here’s what is new to the PC version:
- NVIDIA Flow – creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
Also included with the game is the GeForce Experience suite of capture tools.
- NVIDIA Ansel, an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights automatically captures the player’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot, enabling seamless sharing through social channels.
The PC version of the game will include all DLC and updates as released on Xbox One and PS4. A new first-person mode will also be included.