Sadly, it doesn't address the problems we detailed in our review.
A Dying Light 2 day 1 patch is planned for the game and includes and number of fixes, according to developer Techland.
Sadly, the patch notes for release are incomplete, but we’ll list what Techland has detailed below.
Dying Light 2 day 1 patch notes
- Fixed the Broadcast infinite respawn story block
- Fix for dialogues that block story progression
- Re-signing to the co-op session doesn’t fail in case the user is logged in
- Fixed crash when handing electrical parts to Carlos in Bazaar
- Fixed problems with temporarily lowering the difficulty level – improved adaptive difficulty for AIs
- Fixed crash caused by background renderer during the transition between menu and loading screens
- Increased Wwise overall memory limit – fix for missing sounds and voice-over
- Resolved problems with objects and AI sinking into the ground on a flat surface.
- Fix for AI sometimes freezing/becoming immortal when the owner changes during death
- Added protection against potential crashes.
- Updates for ES, CH; DE intro.
- Added missing game actions fixing occasional unresponsiveness.
- Fixed Streamer Mode option which was not working properly.
- Fixed crash on opening the secondary screen.
- Fixed disconnecting co-op sessions after a certain amount of time.
- DLSS enabled. Improved default DLSS sharpness. (PC)
- Fixed the gamepad not being detected by the game before any movement or action is conducted using a keyboard or mouse. (PC)
- And many more…
Sadly, the list above doesn’t include fixes for some of the bigger problems we had with the open world parkour zombie title. You can read our review here.
Dying Light 2 heads to Windows PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, PS4 and PS5. It offers up a free upgrade from last-gen to current-gen on consoles.
4 February 2022
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.