The Division update 1.8, “Resistance”, will be deployed tonight and Ubisoft has detailed a free-to-play event this weekend to celebrate.
The update will be available tonight from 8.00 pm AEDT across Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4. Here’s what it includes:
- A new area, West Side Pier.
- A new social hub.
- Improvements to the “Underground” DLC.
- A revamp of the rogue mechanics.
- An optimised gear system, letting players improve the stats of their favorite equipment.
- Resistance (PvE mode) – In Resistance, the different factions are teaming up for the first time to fight against Division agents. Varied enemy NPCs continuously spawn in waves as up to four agents try to survive for as long as they can. Enemies drop resources that can be used to either set up defenses or extend the battlefield, offering more tactical options to the players. Players need to cooperate and find the best strategy to complete as many waves as possible and get greater rewards.
- Skirmish (PvP mode) – In Skirmish, two teams of four players compete against each other to get the highest number of kills before the time expires. Teams earn points each time a downed enemy player is eliminated.
The game’s free-to-play weekend will be offered between 7-10 December; all owners of The Division will also be issued free access to every available in-game expansion between today and 5-10 December.
Tom Clancy’s The Division is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.