Get in quick, as they'll be useless in Season 13.
Destiny 2 will do away with Vendor Tokens from Season 13, prompting developer Bungie to inform players that they should redeem what they have while they can.
“Starting in Season 13 for Gambit and Crucible (Valor) and in a future Season for strikes, rank rewards will be visible on the ritual vendors,” Bungie’s Justin Dazet, Design Lead, said. “Each Season you’ll be greeted by a row of rewards, progression toward which will be earned automatically as you complete relevant playlist activities.”
Rank rewards will be picked up from Vendors, which Dazet says, “gives much better visibility into what you’ll be earning as you progress, and helps you make better choices about where to spend your time.”
Rewards for each individual ritual are as follows:
- Rank 4: 3x Upgrade Modules
- Rank 7: 3x Enhancement Cores
- Rank 10: Seasonal Ritual Shader (changes to 3x Enhancement Cores after resetting your rank)
- Rank 13: 2x Enhancement Prisms
- Rank 16: Seasonal Ritual Emblem (changes to 2x Enhancement Prisms after resetting your rank)
- Reset Reward: Ascendant Shard (changes to Exotic Engram after resetting your rank)
“Every rank-up awards a base Ritual Engram just like before,” Dazet continued. “Additionally, each of the above ranks also awards a Prime Ritual Engram.”
As such, “Crucible Tokens and Crucible Token Gifts are no longer needed and will be deprecated into junk that will delete as a full stack starting in Season 13,” Dazet confirmed. With this in mind, he advised players should “cash those tokens in before the end of the Season, and get ready to earn some Masterwork materials!”
Destiny 2 is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S & X, PS4, PS5 and Stadia where available.