Destiny 2 endgame updates sure to please unhappy Guardians are inbound, developer Bungie has advised.
“We’ve been playing the game in the wild for seven weeks, and like the Destiny experiences that have come before, we’re always thinking about where the game is heading next. We’re still planning when a bunch of the improvements listed below are going to make their way into the game, but we wanted to let you know what we’re up to,” Bungie wrote in its latest update.
The list of promised updates is as follows:
- New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
Moreover, the game’s 1.0.6 update notes have already been release ahead of its release tomorrow. It contains a bunch of Crucible improvements, as promised.
Here’s what to expect:
- Fixed an issue with collision detection on the Bureaucratic Walk emote
- Fixed an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam
- Updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger it.
- Reduced score limit to 50 (was 75)
- Reduced score limit to 90 (was 100)
- Reduced influence that enemy-controlled zones exert over the spawning system
- Reduced round time limit to 2 minutes (down from 3)
- Reduced life count to 6 (down from 8)
- Increased score-to-win to 70 (up from 50)
- We now grant one point for defeating an enemy Guardian
- Adjusted the influence that enemy crests have on the spawning system
Destiny 2 is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.