After telling fans that Destiny would be heading into an event-based model, developer Bungie has now clarified that the MMO will still receive substantial content updates in 2016.
“With ‘Taken King’ we are moving to a more event-based model – things like Festival of the Lost and Sparrow racing, which is our winter event, and then smaller events such as Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris every weekend,” Senior Designer Derek Carroll said last week. This prompted fans to become worried concerned meaty content updates like “The Taken King” itself would be a thing of the past.
Bungie’s Eric Osborne took to Twitter and the company blog to clarify.
Hey. 2016 is gonna be great. We're working on stuff. Fun stuff, that's still in development. SRL is live today, though! We hope you dig it!
— Eric Osborne (@UrkMcGurk) December 8, 2015
“To put it bluntly, you seem worried that there won’t be any more substantial content until we ship another full game, or that all of the content for the rest of Year Two will come in the form of timed events,” Osborne said on Bungie.net.
“2016 is gonna be great. We’re working on stuff,” he affirmed. “The first of these early 2016 experiences will be on a scale close to Festival of the Lost. The second will be far larger than anything you’ve seen since the release of ‘The Taken King’. There’s also another significant update to the world and sandbox planned in this same window.”
You can read Osborne’s full post here.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.