A series of Avengers betas will be offered over August 2020, Crystal Dynamics has confirmed.
Avengers closed betas (for pre-orders)
First, a closed beta will be offered to those who’ve pre-ordered on PS4. This first beta will start on 7 August and runs until 9 August.
A week later, on 14 August, those who’ve pre-ordered on Windows PC and Xbox One will be able to take part in the closed beta until 16 August.
Avengers open betas
An initial open beta will be open to everyone on PS4, running over 14-16 August, the same time as the Xbox One closed beta.
A second open beta will kick off from 21 August and run until 23 August, available to everyone on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Avengers betas at a glance
- PS4 pre-order closed beta: 7-9 August
- PS4 open beta: 14-16 August
- PC, Xbox One pre-order closed beta: 14-16 August
- PC, Xbox One, PS4 open beta: 21-23 August
Avengers beta content
Today’s War Table livestream confirmed a host of content for the betas, including “several single-player missions, as well as a large selection of additional missions that can be played solo with your AI Avengers team or co-op with up to four players.
“In one mission, players take on the role of young Super Hero Kamala Khan and team up with Hulk as they infiltrate an AIM base in the forests of the American Pacific Northwest, hot on the trail of the last known location of JARVIS. Later they take the Quinjet to a remote War Zone in the frozen Russian tundra to uncover SHIELD secrets hidden in a deep underground bunker,” Crystal Dynamics added.
Here’s a full list of the content will be available:
- The A-Day demo (that we played back at Gamescom 2019) with Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Black Widow
- Single-player missions that include Ms Marvel and Hulk
- 4-player co-op Warzone missions with Iron Man, Ms Marvel, Black Widow and Hulk
- 4-player co-op HARM room missions (that unlock bonus content)
- 4-player co-op Drop Zone missions
Avengers heads to Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Stadia where available on 4 September.