Overwatch‘s fifth competitive season is now live, offering up players the chance to stretch their Esports muscles.
Live today from 10.00am AEST, the season will first require players to progress through 10 placement matches. That will determine your skill ranking (SR) and match you with other players accordingly.
At the end of the season, your rewards will be tied to your SR. They are as follows:
- SR 1-1499 (Bronze): 100 CP
- SR 1500-1999 (Silver): 200 CP
- SR 2000-2499 (Gold): 400 CP
- SR 2500-2999 (Platinum): 800 CP
- SR 3000-3499 (Diamond): 1200 CP
- SR 3500-3999 (Master): 2000 CP
- SR 4000-5000 (Grandmaster): 3000 CP
Those who truly excel — and can place in the top 500 players on each platform — will also receive special rewards as below:
As with the end of Season 4, an in-game timer will specify how long is remaining in the current season.
“We are indeed adding a countdown to the current competitive season’s end in an upcoming patch,” Blizzard’s Scott Mercer said before the end of last season on the Battle.net forums.
Overwatch is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.