A Red Dead Redemption 2 dupe glitch makes it easy to ‘earn’ money, and we’ve detailed how to do it below.
Redditors sm1ttysm1t and MagnusTS discovered the glitch, and quickly realised it could be used to duplicate gold bars for easy money. The glitch is pretty involved, so read the instructions first, in full before you try this.
Red Dead Redemption 2 gold bar dupe glitch
- First, go to Limpany (south of Valentine) along the Dakota River. The Sherriff’s office lock box has a gold bar — get ready to pick it up, but do not pick up the Horse Stamina Recipe Pamphlet or the dupe glitch won’t work.
- In the middle of picking up the gold bar, pause the game and create a new save.
- Immediately load the new save.
- Head back to that same lock box and hold down the interaction button when picking up the gold bar. You’ll pick up multiple items (up to 30) as long as you keep holding the button down.
- You can then head to a Fence (there’s a nearby one at Emerald Ranch) to sell the gold bars.
- Rinse, repeat.
Enjoy that cash!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available now on Xbox One and PS4. We’ve more guides below.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Guides
- UFO guide
- Vampire guide
- Shack guide
- Serial Killer guide
- Treasure Map guide
- Chapters guide
- Gold bar dupe glitch
- How to fast travel