Get a little extra help when you need it.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is out now and we’re here to help you be the best gang member you can be — and you can easily do that with a cheat or two.
Before you use the cheats, below, be aware that the activation of cheat codes will disable Achievements and Trophies in your save. If you want to play around with these, we’d suggest spinning off a completely separate save file to then mess around in. Got that? Good.
To use cheats, you’ll have to go into the in-game menu (Settings > Triangle (PS4) or Y (Xbox One). There, a listing of locked cheats will be displayed; you can unlock them by entering in a specific phrase or finding an in-game newspaper with the cheat printed on it.
Here’s a list of cheats we’ve found (with the phrase you’ll need in quotations):
- “Abundance is the dullest desire”: Unlocks Infinite Ammo
- Newspaper: The New Hanover Gazette No. 27 (in Valentine)
- “A fool on command Drunk”: Be perpetually drunk
- “Better than my dog”: Increases horse whistle range
- “Greed is American Virtue”: Unlocks a series of heavy weaponry
- From a newspaper in Chapter 3 after completing “Advertising, the New American Art”
- “I shall be better”: Turns Dead Eye skill to Level 3
- “I seek and I shall find”: Turns Dead Eye to Level 5 (after using previous cheat)
- “Keep your dreams simple”: Spawns a wagon and horse
- “Run! Run! Run!”: Spawns race horse
- “You flourish before you die” Restores all health, stamina and Dead Eye energy
We’ll add to the list as we discover more cheats.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available now on Xbox One and PS4.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Guides
- UFO guide
- Vampire guide
- Shack guide
- Serial Killer guide
- Treasure Map guide
- Chapters guide
- Gold bar dupe glitch
- How to fast travel