It can be done!
While The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has Zelda content that’s much easier to obtain with Nintendo’s Zelda-themed amiibo, the content is available without the (expensive little) figurines. Here’s how to get Zelda garb with and without amiibo.
You’ll get in-game items with any amiibo, but Zelda-themed amiibo have a chance of dropping Zelda-themed weapons and outfits. Here’s how to scan amiibo:
- To go the menu, then Magic.
- Go to All or Powers, the select/equip amiibo.
- “Cast” the amiibo magic by pointing at the ground and pressing the L button.
- With a glowing aura active, scan your amiibo. Not sure how/where to do that? We’ve got you covered.
- Cross your fingers and hope for a special drop.
Each amiibo can be scanned once in a 24-hour period.
If you don’t have Zelda-themed amiibo, or if you’ve rotten luck with drops, you can grab the gear the old-fashioned way: by exploration.
Zelda-themed gear is waiting for players at the Throat of the World, the mountain right in the centre of Skyrim‘s map. An early quest will take you to High Hrothgar, which is on the same mountain — just not as far up as you need to go.
To scale the mountain, a horse is suggested, though we did alright by clipping and jumping up wherever possible.