Including a player from the Overwatch League.
The Australian Overwatch World Cup team has been selected, Blizzard has today confirmed.
The players competing at the Group Stage: Bangkok later this year are as follows:
- Ashley ‘Trill’ Powell, Main Tank
- Leyton ‘Punk’ Gilchrist, Flex Tank
- Huseyin ‘Hus’ Sahin, Hitscan
- Felix ‘Ckm’ Murray, Flex DPS
- James ‘Yuki’ Stanton, Flex DPS
- Dario ‘Akraken’ Falcao-Rassokha, Aim Support
- Scott ‘Custa’ Kennedy, Main Support
Scott ‘Custa’ Kennedy is a big draw; the player is Main Support with the Overwatch League’s LA Valiant.
The above players will head over to Thailand between 14-16 September and will be playing against national teams from China, Denmark, Thailand, Spain and Sweden.
The top two teams that emerge from the Group Stage will advance to the Overwatch World Cup Top 8 at BlizzCon.
What do you make of Team Australia?
Overwatch is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.