Destroy All Humans is out now and this Achievement guide and roadmap will detail what’s required to achieve its all Achievements (or Trophies) in the game.
- Estimated Achievement/Trophy difficulty: 5/10
- Approximate amount of time to complete: 10-15 hours (dependent on challenges)
- Offline Achievements/Trophies: 40
- Online Achievements/Trophies: 0
- Number of missable Achievements/Trophies: 0
- Glitched Achievements/Trophies: 0
- Does difficulty affect Achievements/Trophies? No
- Minimum playthroughs: 1 full, plus any mission replays that you require
Welcome to Destroy All Humans, the 2020 remake of the original 2005 game.
All up, this is a relatively easy affair — a number of Achievements are awarded for completion of the game itself (alongside the completion of optional objectives in each level), while a handful require some special (though not difficult) work to earn. The remainder of the Achievements are tied to a challenge system that requires you to get three-stars on each; this is likely where you’ll have the most difficulty. It’s best to wait and complete the challenges after you’ve finished the main game — a number of Crypto and Saucer upgrades will make things much easier.
While you can replay missions if you need, we’d advise dying and reloading a checkpoint whenever you miss an optional objective in a level; it’s faster that way.
Trophies and guides
- The Mandatory Option: Complete all optional mission objectives! (Use the Holopoxdeck if you have to.)
- We’ve placed this first to keep it fresh in your mind — as you play through the, you’ll see both mandatory and optional objectives in the bottom-left of your screen. None are that difficult; you can simply let Crypto die and start a sequence if you’re not going to meet whatever optional objective you’re tasked with. If you need a hand with any objective, a video below will help.
- Goin’ to Seed: Invade Turnipseed Farm
- You’ll get this as you start the first location.
- Harvest Season: Recover a Furon Probe
- You’ll see these grey probes throughout every level; pick up one and this Achievement is yours.
- Rockwell Death Knell: Invade Rockwell
- You’ll get this as you start the second location.
- Return of the Clone II – Reloaded: Re-visit a mission in the mothership archive’s Holopoxdeck
- Immodesta: Invade Santa Modesta
- You’ll get this as you start the third location.
- Area of Dissect: Invade Area 42
- You’ll get this as you start the fourth location.
- Union Busting: Invade Union Town
- You’ll get this as you start the fifth location.
- Capitol Punishment: Invade Capitol City
- You’ll get this as you start the six and final location.
- Unilateral Disarmament: Destroy a certain irritating simian warlord once and for all
- This is the first of three boss fights. A video to help is below.
- Impeached: Destroy the pathetic human attempt at a robot overlord
- This is the second of three boss fights.
- For the Glory of the Furon Empire!: Destroy humanity’s last hope and initiate the subjugation of the species
- This is the third and final boss fight. A video to help is below.
Ability-based / Upgrades, etc
- A Pox on Your Gear: Upgrade Crypto at Pox’s Lab in the mothership
- You can get this as early as after the first mission.
- And a Pox on Your Saucer Too: Upgrade your saucer at Pox’s Lab in the mothership
- You can get this as early as after the first mission.
- Grade A Upgrade: Fully upgrade one of the branches of a weapon or ability
- To get this as quickly as possible, continue upgrading the first weapon or ability you started to. This will come well ahead of your game completion.
- Invasion of the Body Swappers: Try out a new look for Crypto in the mothership’s archives
- While you’re in the menu with upgrades, to go Archives and then select a new skin for Crypto. You’ll get your first by completing both bonus objectives in the third mission.
- Furonigami: Explore the more offbeat parts of the mothership
- While you’re in the menu with upgrades, to go Archives and then select Furonigami.
- Brain Drain: Consume a human brain to kickstart your shield regeneration
- On Xbox One, press the X button to fire a green brain-ray at an enemy; when they die, their brain will pop out; consume that and this is yours.
- Swift Harvest: Accelerate Brain Extract or Transmog by mashing that button like you mean it
- Like Brain Drain, but mash the X button to speed up the brain-poppin’.
- Covert Thoughts: Stay covert by scanning primitive human thoughts
- Once you’ve been introduced to the HoloBob, hit up on the d-pad to start HoloBob; then, hit Y when looking at a human to prolong its effect.
- Rejected for Probing: Throw something into something else with the saucer’s Abducto Beam
- In your Saucer, target a car or human with RB and then release the button to launch the object at something else.
- As Is Tradition: Abduct a cow with your saucer
- Find a cow (they’re plentiful in Turnipseed Farm) and target them with RB; press and hold and this is yours.
- Gas-Guzzler Guzzler: Abduct and drain a vehicle to replenish your saucer’s shields
- In the Saucer, target any vehicle and hit and hold RB to abduct it; when it’s caught in your beam, mash Y to take its health.
- Simply Repulsive: Use your saucer’s Repulse-O-Tron to fend off homing missiles
- While we’re on Saucer things, you’ll eventually get the ability to defend against missles with the B button. You’ll get this easily as there are plenty of opportunities, especially late in the game, to use it.
- Reduce, Abuse, Recycle: Transmogrify an object to replenish your ammunition
- Target any inanimate object (ie a garbage can, crate, box, etc) and hit X to turn it into ammo.
- Man’s Inhumanity to Man: Destroy multiple humans with a human-made explosive
- Each level has several red explosive barrels or crates about. Hit and hold RB to pick one up, and release it at the feet of several humans.
- Fly, My Pretties: Throw a human into the air and juggle them
- Target a human and press and hold RB to pick them up; release RB and then hit and hold RB again to throw and re-grab them.
- When Two Humans Collide: Use PK to destroy a human with another human
- Target a human and press and hold RB to pick them up; target another human and release RB to launch one at the other. You can use your weapon to reduce the health of your target.
- No Time to Waste: Destroy a human with a weapon and another with a psi ability at the same time
- Target one human and mash X to pop their brain; at the same time, fire your weapon at another to kill them too.
- Hot to Trot: Evade a rocket by dashing
- Find a soldier with a rocket launch and just hang about until they launch a rocket at you; hit B when it’s close to dash away from it.
- Pyrokinesis: Set something on fire, then use it to destroy a hapless human
- Go to Turnipseed Farm and find a bunch of hay bales (you’ll need to try a couple times, I reckon); shoot a human until they’re almost dead and then shoot a hay bale to set it on fire. I found it was easier grabbing the human and placing them on the firey hay bale than the other way around.
- Do Feed the Sharks: Demonstrate Furon free spirit near a warning sign placed by the human authorities
- Go to Santa Modesta and look for Ed Schully’s Motel; to the beach nearby and grab and throw a human into the ocean.
- Hop the Hoop: Display Furonic aeronautic prowess by soaring through giant human pastry without soiling your feet
- Go to Santa Modesta and look for a donut shop with a large donut sign — it’s near the TV station. Use your jetpack to fly through the hole in the large donut.
- Down to the Challenge: Revisit a missionless invasion site and complete a challenge there
- You’ll earn this by heading to Turnipseed Farm and completing a challenge. We’d advise trying this after you’ve finished the game in order to upgrade all required abilities to make this easier.
- Champion of Abduction: Ace an Abduction challenge with a three-star rating
- Abduction challenges require you to use your PK to fire requested objects at an abduction beam. Sometimes you’ll need to keep specimens alive, other times you’ll need to kill them. Sometimes you’ll even need to throw inanimate objects at the beam. Videos for the challenges will be added below when available.
- The Art of Armageddon: Ace an Armageddon challenge with a three-star rating
- Armageddon challenges require you to destroy levels with your Saucer; you’ll also gain extra points by draining select vehicles. It’s best to fully upgrade your Saucer before attempting these. Videos for the challenges will be added below when available.
- Furon Faster Race: Ace a Race challenge with a three-star rating
- Race challenges require you to follow a moving drone, collecting the DNA it drops along the way. You’ll need to fully upgrade your dash and skate moves (hit B, hold B) to complete these. Videos for the challenges will be added below when available.
- Righteous Rampage: Ace a Rampage challenge with a three-star rating
- Rampage challenges require you to kill in certain ways, ie drowning farmers or killing cows. It’s best to upgrade Crypto before attempting these. Videos for the challenges will be added below when available.
- Jerk of All Trades: Obtain at least a two-star rating for each challenge type
- If you master all challenges at Turnipseed Farm, you’ll get this as a byproduct of your efforts. A video to help with those challenges is below.
- Ace of Space: Ace all challenges!
- You’ll obtain this for getting three stars in all challenges. PowerPyx has you covered, below.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.