Questioning how long a playthrough will take?
MINOR SPOILER WARNING: There are some very minor spoilers below about God of War. There’s nothing at all detailed about its story, but if you want to know NOTHING (not even how long it is), go back now.
Happy God of War day, everyone — the highly anticipated title is finally available on PS4 and PS4 Pro. This PS4 release isn’t like other titles in the God of War franchise, with an emphasis on an open-world environment filled with side quests and very encouraging of exploration.
We’re here to give you an idea of how much game there actually is.
How many chapters are there in God of War?
God of War has 17 chapters in total, and our playthrough took about 35 hours on normal. We got through a large chunk of side quests, but we’ve many more to complete.
God of War chapter names
- Chapter 1: The Marked Trees
- Chapter 2: Path to the Mountain
- Chapter 3: A Realm Beyond
- Chapter 4: The Light of Alfheim
- Chapter 5: Inside the Mountain
- Chapter 6: A New Destination
- Chapter 7: The Magic Chisel
- Chapter 8: Behind the Lock
- Chapter 9: The Sickness
- Chapter 10: The Black Rune
- Chapter 11: Return to the Summit
- Chapter 12: Escape from Helheim
- Chapter 13: A Path to Jotunheim
- Chapter 14: Between the Realms
- Chapter 15: Jotunheim in Reach
- Chapter 16: Mother’s Ashes
- Chapter 17: The Journey Home
There you have it — grab your axe and get in there!
God of War is available now on PS4 and PS4 Pro.