Back to school.
The Sims 4 Discover University is the 8th expansion pack headed to the popular life simulation game developed by Maxis. Stevivor had the opportunity to have some hands on with it at EA’s headquarters in Redwood City, California. We’ve broken down a list of things that we’ve learned from our time with the game so far.
- The Sims 4 Discover University will focus on campus life and have 2 different Universities that you can attend: Britechester and Foxbury.
- Sims can apply for a university and scholarships using their mailbox or a computer. Once selected you’ll be able to choose from a wide range of degrees and classes to study each term.
- Much like real life, to pass classes with a decent grade you’ll have to study for exams and practice your skills.
- Completing degrees will give you added bonuses to career opportunities and help you advance your job endeavours quicker.
- University housing will be offered where you’ll pay low rent. You won’t be able to enter build mode and knock down any walls, but you’ll still be able to decorate your dorm room. Alternatively you can still purchase a residential lot inside of the local town if you don’t want to put up with having a roommate.
- As a college student living in university housing you’re probably terrible at cooking, so you won’t have access to a stove or microwave. Instead other Sims will bring you food for the entire floor, or you’ll be able to source it from campus food stalls.
- A new skill that you can learn is Robotics. Using this skill you’ll be able to build robots and interact with them, this includes romance options.
- Sims can ‘Prank’ toilet stalls. Which make them explode when other students use them. Yes, I did this A LOT!
- There are a number of campus activities that you can engage with including study groups, sporting events, student hangouts, or joining an esports teams.
- A few new career paths have been added that allow you to explore Law, Education, and Engineering. You don’t need to have gone to university in order to follow these dream jobs.
- Sims will be able to build relationships with others at the campus including their peers, roommates, and even teachers. Oh my!
- Juice Pong is Beer Pong, but without the beer and yelling.
Discover University — the latest expansion pack for The Sims 4 — launches 15 November 2019 on PC and Mac, and next month for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.