Quake Champions will head to early access later this week on both Steam and via Bethesda’s own game launcher.
From 23 August, id Software’s multiplayer shooter will leave closed beta and become available to all.
Priced at $44.95 AUD or $54.95 NZD, players will be able to buy the game’s Champions Pack, unlocking all current and future in-game heroes.
Early access will include the following:
- All 11 current Champions, including Ranger, Visor, Scalebearer, Nyx, Anarki, Clutch, Sorlag, Galena, Slash, BJ Blazkowicz from id Software’s Wolfenstein, and the new DOOM Slayer
- All future Champions, including at least six additional Champions expected to release before the end of 2018, and any that follow
- An exclusive Early Access skin for series diehard Ranger, available only during the Early Access period for Champions Pack players
- Three Reliquaries (loot chests containing three in-game items for profile, Champion, and weapon customisation, like skins, shaders, nameplates, and more)
- Two New Maps: Church of Azathoth and Tempest Shrine
- The New Champion: DOOM Slayer
- Rune Challenges: Players will be rewarded for completing new Rune Challenges found in backpacks
- Lore System: Players will find Lore Items hidden throughout Arenas in vases. By collecting all 10 Lore Items for a specific Champion, they will unlock that Champion’s high-end Lore Skin
- Improved New Player Onboarding: New features to help get fresh fraggers up to speed include a movement tutorial, shooting gallery, and the ability to choose a skill level
- New Customisation Options: New options include new Champion skin sets and weapon shaders
- In-Game Voice Chat
“With a fast, skill-based game like Quake Champions, nothing is more important than continual testing and refining, based on player feedback, to ensure the game is balanced, optimised, and fun for all levels of players, from pro to new,” said Tim Willits, Studio Director, id Software.
“The Early Access version of Quake Champions is, obviously, a work-in-progress, but represents a solid and robust version of the game, with four modes, 11 Champions, a variety of maps, and a thriving community of fans. Early Access will allow us to work closely with players to improve the game and add additional features before the official launch of Quake Champions in the coming months.”
Quake Champions is a PC exclusive title.