Overwatch adds Baptiste to the mix early next week, Activision Blizzard has confirmed.
Already live on the game’s PC PTR (public test realm), players across Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4 can expect the new support character from 19 March.
Baptiste is a bit of a
babe beast (well, babe too) and comes equipped with the following abilities:
- Primary fire: Medic SMG, complete with a three-round-burst hitscan weapon.
- Alternate fire: Biotic Launcher, which shoots healing projectiles that heal anyone inside its AOE.
- Passive ability: Exo Boots, which allow a charged crouch that flings Baptiste into the air.
- Ability 1: Regenerative Burst, which is a heal-over-time effect on both Baptiste and his allies. Allies don’t need to stay on top of Baptiste to benefit from this either.
- Ability 2: Immortality Field, which literally grants immortality for 8 seconds; with it engaged, those in the ability’s AOE can’t go below 20% health.
- Ultimate: Amplification Matrix, in which Baptiste makes a barrier that doubles the damage of any friendly projectiles that pass through it. You can see the ability in action in the image above.
Baptiste is an ex-Talon agent that’s currently being hunted by his former evil organisation. Full name Jean-Baptiste Augustin, the character has been described by Blizzard as a Haitian combat medic who excels at support.
Overwatch is currently available on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Everyone sign their life insurance policies? 🗸
Baptiste reports for duty 03.19.19 pic.twitter.com/jo7LMmftik
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) March 13, 2019
Correction: We originally reported that 19 March took place during this week. We’ve changed the post after checking our calendar.