A patch that corrects Assassin’s Creed Odyssey straightwashing is available now, Ubisoft has confirmed.
Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey update 1.1.4 fixes the Shadow Heritage DLC, which drew ire for forcing players into heterosexual relationships, alongside the introduction of a New Game plus mode.
The changes made to the Shadow Heritage storyline will let players essentially dump and befriend Natakas or Neema making a baby. The changes mean that players won’t have to continue in a heterosexual relationship in the upcoming Bloodline DLC, which arrives on 5 March,
Full patch notes are as follows:
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey update 1.1.4 – patch notes
- Xbox One: 5.5G
- PlayStation 4: 5.7GB
- PC: 4.7GB
Episode Bloodline – Legacy of the First Blade
- Added in-game support for Bloodline.
Lost Tales of Greece
- Added support for upcoming Lost Tales of Greece, coming in March and beyond.
Features and Improvements
Added New Game+ mode
- Players will be able to keep their current progression (Gear, Mounts, Spear upgrades, Ship upgrades, Abilities, Drachmae, Crafting Materials, etc.) when starting a New Game+.
- To access New Game+, you’ll need to have completed the Family Quest Line.
Added Frames to Photo Mode
- Added a set of 10 frames to decorate your photos.
- Alter backgrounds behind dialogues
- On: This will enable a background for subtitles and dialogue.
- Off: This will disable the background for subtitles and dialogue.
- Subtitles: This will enable a background for subtitles only.
- Change subtitle size
- The tier of the perks available on a Lieutenant obtained from Ubisoft Club and the Store will now scale based on the player level.
- Hard mode fights in the Arena are now a bit harder.
- Added an option to hold down the respective key to increase the number of items quicker.
- Improved some UI aspects of Photo Mode to increase usability.
- Increased maximum player level to 99. NINE NINE.
- Added new Ship tiers to the game
- Added more Mastery Levels.
- Added two Mercenary tiers and rewards.
- Added 22 Viewpoints that can be fast traveled to
- Drachmae acquisition has been re-balanced across several sources
- Lowered Drachmae gained with Contracts.
- Increased Drachmae gained with Bounties and Conquest Battles.
- Crafting Materials acquisition from Naval sources have been re-balanced
- Added chance to loot Iron Metal and Soft Leather from sinking ship and looting floating loot.
- Scaled floating loot quantity based on player level.
- Lower chance to loot Precious Gem and Obsidian Glass from sinking ship.
- Increased Wood quantity from Epic Ship.
- Athenian Hero set bonus will be improved to give: All Arrows Pierce Shields and +30% Hunter Damage.
- Added a missing perk to the Epic Heavy Bladed Champion’s Axe.
- The Bounty cost for high-level players at a high level of bounty has been slightly increased.
- Celestial Crown will now increase damage to swords, as intended.
Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.