Lace up your boots!
AFL Evolution Season Pack 2018 is available now, adding a bunch of fixes and content to the base game.
Available as a bundle ($84.95 AUD) or as a DLC purchase ($14.95 AUD), you can get a taste of what to expect from the content in a new video:
Ahead of today’s release of the Season Pack 2018 DLC, the base game received a major update yesterday. Patch notes for that release are below.
AFL Evolution patch notes
- Fixed crash in Most Popular players.
- Fixed VFL contracts to show correct players entering and leaving team.
- Fixed bug where players downloaded with a fanhub team would disappear when being delisted.
- Fixed bug where AFLW players were being generated in wing positions.
- Fixed bug with save file names in pro/listed career.
- Fixed bug where players were not being removed from injured or suspended lists.
- Fixed bug where sometimes users were stuck in FanHub screens.
- Fixed bug with incorrect player models being shown in the player select screen.
- Fixed issue with custom teams playing the same theme song. Theme song should now be linked to the team’s logo.
- Fixed bug where male players would show in the AFLW teams.
- Fixed bug that caused incorrect lists and logos to be displayed when returning to the player select screen.
- Fixed various player creator bugs that caused changes to be reset.
- Turned ambient crowd noise off while in the player driven replay.
- Improved camera focus in the player creator.
- Added Pause menu to quarter breakdowns.
- Various UI text changes.
- Fixed player indicators rendering during cut scenes in Pro Career.
- Fix for text wrapping issue when certain objectives were completed.
- Fixed legend element being disabled during team linking when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed play-on UI element not always displaying after user played on.
- Fixed the fixture image transition so that it will now fade up / down correctly.
- Fixed so that in multiplayer team select it will display the league name when on the league selection options.
- Fixed so that in the Uploaded Team screen it will display the teams league name at the top right of the screen.
- Changed the minimum players required to 22 for custom teams.
- Using teams with less than 40 players in careers will auto generate additional players to fill all 40 spots.
- Changed the flow of viewing fanhub teams and their line-ups.
- Added ability to start a rookie career with an existing custom player.
- Fixed last-played date in competition menu
- Added ability to change your name in Coach Career via the management options.
- Added option to Pro Careers to not have the pro player and direct opponents positions reset on stoppages (other than center bounce).
- Simulated game statistics will now be scaled to the current Careers quarter length.
- Players who receive a suspension during the season will now become ineligible to receive the Brownlow medal as intended.
- You can now select the SKILL tab in the season training menu and sort players by their overall rating.
- Some speed improvements
- Improved Multiplayer invitations screens.
- Added gameplay slider descriptions.
- Added gameplay slider to influence No Prior Opportunity calls.
- Added option to have a continuous count up clock. Using this option will suppress the time warning at the end of the 4th quarter.
- AFL teams playing interstate will now cause less crowd hype than the home team when the ball is in their end of the field.
- Players will now turn their heads to face the correct directions during replays, not just during gameplay.
- Improvements to deliberate out of bounds rule.
- Made the AI more likely to be called for holding the ball.
- Randomised female draft picks will no longer be randomly made bald.
- Added a timeout when the ball is spilled and could trigger advantage so that if the ball is not picked up within the time limit then the penalty will be automatically awarded.
- Fix for players sometimes being snapped to face backwards when they attempted mark.
- Improved detection of hip and shoulder penalties during mark contests.
- Reduced the amount that the AI will pass the ball around their forward 50 when they should be taking a shot at goal.
- Fixed rare issue where instantly playing on from a mark near the boundary could cause the player to uncontrollably run out of bounds into the stadium wall before eventually causing a penalty.
- AI will be less likely to kick the ball out of bounds on the full when kicking along the boundary.
- Fixed a number of cases where commentators were playing lines that didn’t match what was happening in the game.
- Fixed a commentary line where it was using a male line in a female game. (Kicked to himself) when kicking to yourself after a behind.
Big list, eh?