We're here to help, newcomer.
The Sinking City is out now, a procedural investigation game that doesn’t hold your hand. While we’d advise trying to tackle cases yourself, we’re also here to help as needed — you’ll find point form steps below to tackle the first main questline case, Frosty Welcome.
Minor to major spoilers lie ahead, so read at your own will.
Case #1: Frosty Welcome | Case #2: Lost at Sea
- You start out on the ship; examine all items and rotate your gun until you get the prompt that lets you pick it up.
- Go outside speak with Johannes van der Berg.
- Leave the dock and find the crime scene; there, speak with Robert Throgmorton.
- Go behind you and look to the shore to find a boat. Inspect the helmet and suicide note.
- Go back to Robert Throgmorton and speak with him.
- Go into the crime scene behind Robert.
- Examine the items inside the house. Turn on your Mind’s Eye and look at the medallion.
- Enter the portal and piece the timeline together:
- 1: “What’s happening?”
- 2: “Take this, ape face.”
- 3: “Yeah, run!”
- Using your Mind’s Eye, follow the pointing shadow figures that lead you to the next clue.
- Examine the bullet and crates while following the shadows
- Enter the building marked by the shadows; kill the enemy creature within
- Inspect the body; then enter the Mind Palace to piece together clues (you can simply keep trying to pair ones together until you get a match)
- Go to the Under the Keel bar in the middle of the docks.
- While there, find the fortune teller on the ground floor and pay a bullet to have your fortune read. That’ll earn you (Achievement/Trophy: Tempting Fate).
- Talk to the bartender to get a 2nd floor room key
- Use the key; speak to the Innsmouth refugee
- Use your Mind Palace to make a conclusion and decide how to proceed.
- Go back to Robert Throgmorton and choose a course of action that you feel best.
- Leave the docks. (Achievement/Trophy: Hook, Line and Sinker)
Case concluded. Next up, Lost at Sea.