And how it fits into the Empyrean Foundation quest.
Destiny 2 has been updated to include the Empyrean Foundation questline, a community-based effort that will offer rewards and likely bring the Trials of Osiris back to the game. This post explains the quest and how new Light-Fused Fractaline can ultimately help you with it.
How the Empyrean Foundation works
First, here’s how to start the Cornerstone quest that feeds directly into the Empyrean Foundation:
- Head to Saint-14 to start the new quest, Cornerstone
- Take a run through the Sundial and beat the new boss, Inotam
- You’ll then have to power up the Tower Obelisk by collecting 30 Orbs of Light
- Head to Osiris to complete the quest
From there, you’ll have to help other Guardians by donating Fractaline into the general pool. As stated, the total amount of Fractaline donated will feed into a series of staged objectives for Guardians, as follows:
- Empyrean Foundation objective 1: 400,000,000 Polarized Fractaline
- Empyrean Foundation objective 2: 700,000,000 Polarized Fractaline
- Empyrean Foundation objective 3: 1,200,000,000 Polarized Fractaline
- Empyrean Foundation objective 4: TBC
- Empyrean Foundation objective 5: TBC
- Empyrean Foundation objective 6: TBC
- Empyrean Foundation objective 7: TBC
Guardians who personally donate 5,000 Fractaline will receive a Triumph and an Emblem for their efforts; if we hit all obectives, we’ll also receive a new Shader. Moreover, you’ll also earn 25% progress on Timelost bounties when donating (the required) 100 Fractaline, so make sure to stock up on bounties before you donate.
As you’ll also receive Fractaline rewards each week based on the levels you’ve built your Obelisks to, it’s advised that you don’t collect your rewards until as close to the weekly reset (early Wednesday morning, AEDT) as possible to maximise those rewards.
How Light-Fused Fractaline can help in the quest
Now, that’s all well and good, but how does Light-Fused Fractaline fit in? With the main quest completed, you’ll be able to head back to the Tower and buy the new item. One Light-Fused Fractaline will earn you one full rank on an Obelisk at any location: the EDZ, Nessus, the Tangled Shore or Mars.
The higher your Obelisks are, the more rewards you receive at the end of the week. With a single Light-Fused Fractaline costing 20,000 Glimmer and 10 Legendary Shards, it’s defintely worth buying a bunch to dump into the four Obelisks. It also saves you from using regular Fractaline to do so when you could instead be donating it to the cause.
Get it? Use the Light-Fused Fractaline to level up, gain bigger regular Fractaline rewards, and then dump the regular Fractaline into the community pool. We all win!
Bonus: How to farm regular Fractaline
These are the easiest (and only, really) ways to earn regular Fractaline to then contribute to the pool:
- Completing Obelisk Weekly Bounties
- Completing Saint-14 Daily Bounties
- Completing Season of Dawn Seasonal Triumphs
- Completing Strikes
- Playing Crucible rounds
- Playing Gambit rounds
- Finishing runs of The Sundial
- Finishing runs of The Menagerie
- Weekly Tower Obelisk rewards
Destiny 2 is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.