Destiny 2 Iron Banner has returned for the third time in Season 9, and this guide will tell you how to complete its associated Iron Banner Season 9 quest if you haven’t as yet.
You’ll have to complete the Season 9 quest for any character you’d like to earn Faction Reward emblems for. The good news is, once you’ve completed the quest, you won’t have to do it again (on that character) for the rest of the season. Here are the quest steps involved.
Step 1: Light the Fires
- Kill 3 Guardians with your Super in Iron Banner
- Kill 30 Guardians in Iron Banner
- Capture 10 Iron Banner Zones
Step 2: Iron Sights
- Complete 6 Iron Banner matches
- Capture 20 Iron Banner Zones
- Kill 25 Guardians using Scout Rifles in Iron Banner
Step 3: Pump Iron
- Kill 100 Guardians in Iron Banner
- Capture 30 Iron Banner zones
- Kill 20 Guardians using a shotgun in Iron Banner
Step 4: Death Metal
- Kill 15 Guardians using your Super in Iron Banner
- Capture 40 Iron Banner zones
- Kill 15 Guardians by using a hand cannon in Iron Banner
Step 5: Iron Rain
- Complete 15 matches in Iron Banner
- Capture 50 Iron Banner zones
Kill 10 Guardians with a rocket launcher in Iron Banner(this step now auto-completes)
Once that’s all done, you’ll be able to cash in the quest and then cash in Iron Banner tokes with Lord Saladin at The Tower. It’s only then when you’ll be able to earn associated Faction Reward engrams.
Destiny 2 is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Stadia.
This story first appeared on 22 January 2020, the second instance of Iron Banner in Season 9.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.