The worst part about upgrading from Xbox One to Xbox One S is transferring games, apps and saves to your new console. Thankfully, those moving from a PS4 to a PS4 Pro dont have that problem.
All you need are your consoles and a LAN cable, really. Here’s what to do:
- Ensure both consoles are running OS version 4.0 or higher.
- Connect both consoles to the internet, and at least the PS4 Pro to a television.
- Sign into the PS4 Pro with your PSN username and password.
- A pop-up should surface, asking if you’d like to transfer data from an old console.
- Follow-on screen prompts.
- Connect your LAN cable from console to console when prompted. You can also connect both consoles to a router rather than each other.
- Continue following on-screen prompts to choose the data to transfer.
- You’ll be told how long the transfer should take; you’ll also be able to activate the Pro as your primary console after the process is complete.
Here’s what will and won’t be included in the transfer:
- Will transfer: Games, apps and saves. Folders, screenshots and videos. Synched Trophies, messages and PSN profiles.
- Won’t transfer: Passwords, non-PSN profiles, unsynched Trophies.