With a surprise Shran.
Star Trek Online Age of Discovery is now available on PC and Mac, Perfect World Entertainment declared.
The update brings a bit of a surprise too — it adds Thy’kir Shran, the son of Star Trek: Enteprise‘s Thy’lek Shran. The younger Shran will be voiced by Jeffrey Combs, the man who played the father on Enterprise.
Apart from that, the update is heavily focused on Star Trek: Discovery content, including Cadet Sylvia Tilly (Mary Wiseman), the sister of T’Kuvma, J’Ula and the appearance of Starbase 1 and the Crossfield-class U.S.S. Glenn.
Here’s a full list of new features:
- Playable Discovery Era Federation Faction – Players can create a brand new Discovery era Federation Captain with a new tutorial experience and explore Starfleet in the year 2256, just after the Battle at the Binary Stars.
- Two New Episodes – Players from all factions can explore two new episodes, where they will be tasked with fending off Klingon boarding the U.S.S. Glenn, and defending Starbase 1 from an assault by Klingon House D’Ghor.
- New Task Force Operation – Queues in Star Trek Online will now be known as “Task Force Operations.” Age of Discovery’s newest Task Force Operation (TFO) will take players back to 2256 through historical simulation to protect Starbase 1.
- Random Task Force Operations System – Those who queue for a randomly selected TFO through this new system will be rewarded with a large bonus, along with the standard rewards for completing the challenge.
- Streamlined Mission Journal – The Mission Journal has been streamlined for all Federation factions, in order to help new players better access the main story content in Star Trek Online. This affects Task Force Operations, which now unlock earlier in progression.
- Added Reputation Tier – All reputations will be extended to Tier 6 and will include upgrades to existing rewards, plus some new ones.
We’ll let you know when Age of Discovery gets a release date on Xbox One and PS4.