Overwatch will celebrate its anniversary with a new event, a GOTY edition and a weekend of free play.
As last week’s rumours suggested, the Overwatch Anniversary event will celebrate the game’s first year.
Pretty amazing to see how Overwatch launched, eh?
The Anniversary event runs between 24 May and 13 June and comes with a bunch of new Loot Box items.
Moreover, the title’s GOTY edition, available on 24 May, has also been confirmed, available with the following items:
- 10 Loot Boxes with random items such as credits, skins, emotes, poses voice lines, sprays and highlight intros.
- Mercy’s wings for Diablo 3 players
- Tracer for Heroes of the Storm
- Hero Skins: Vintage skins for Blackwatch Reyes, Strike-Commander Morrison, Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Phara, and Slipstream Tracer.
- StarCraft 2 in-game Portraits of Bastion, Tracer, Pharah, Reaper, Soldier: 76, and Winston.
- Overwatch-themed Hearthstone Card Back
- Baby Winston pet to use in World of Warcraft
- Overwatch-themed card back for Hearthstone
Finally, Blizzard confirmed that Overwatch will be free-to-play between 27-30 May here in Australia. Progress will carry over into the full game if you decide to purchase it.
Overwatch is currently available on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.