Resident Evil 7‘s demo has been updated to its “Twilight Version”, bringing about a bunch of changes.
Spoilers are ahead, so stop reading if you want to go in fresh.
Still with us? Good! Here’s what’s changed since “Beginning Hour” was first released.
- To the right of the room you start in, the locked door works a bit differently now. With a different, more mouldy appearance, a strange sound will emenate from the door after five or six seconds. Stick around longer, and you’ll get another surprise — someone will shake the door, quite violently.
- The mysterious inaccessible room behind the attic’s phone room is now accessible. There are a bunch of goodies to find…
- … like a Basement Key on a table. We’re not sure what that actually unlocks right now.
- You’ll also be able to find handgun ammo under the bed.
- Behind some TVs, you’ll find the object that will bring you relief and more frustration: a celluloid dummy hand. You guessed it — you can combine the first demo’s mysterious dummy finger with it. What happens next? We legitimately don’t know.
The demo’s new ending — we’ll leave that for you to experience — leads us to believe Capcom’s not quite done with future updates.
What have you found that we’ve missed?
We’ll keep you posted.