Today’s Destiny patch has hit, altering Nightfall Strike rewards as well as actually kicking off a new weapon quest line for the No Time to Explain.
First, the weekly Nightfall Strike has been patched to include better rewards after Bungie itself declared that drops as a result of “The Taken King” expansion felt “like losing”. Here’s what Bungie has changed:
- Increased the base level of Nightfall Legendary rewards by 10 Attack/Defense
- Increased the chance of Legendary rewards by 10% (from 50% to 60%)
- Increased the number of Strange Coins or Three of Coins awards
- Ghosts have been added to the Legendary reward loot table
- Legendary Engrams no longer drop from Nightfall Strike boss kills — they will continue to drop their unique Legendary items
- Removed Antiquated Runes from the loot tables
The update also nerfs the Hunter’s Nightstalker super, temporarily removing “the extra shots from Quiver to avoid unlimited Shadowshots.” Bungie insisted the nerf is a temporary one “and the node will be restored in a fixed state in an upcoming patch.”
Perhaps more importantly, the patch has activated a new weapon quest line. Today’s daily Heroic mission, “Paradox”, acts mostly like it did the first time it was released post-“TTK”– Guardians have to track down Ghosts in the mission to get a special ending.
From there, you head back to the Future War Cult in the Tower, level the faction up 1000 points and you’re on your way. As a note to those who finished off the mission today, ahead of the patch, you should be fine to go directly to the FWC’s Lakshmi-2 to get the updated quest line.
“On your way” means taking down a Minotaur and then completing a bona fide Raid — Destiny‘s original, the Vault of Glass — then finally mopping up a couple of extra missions. Your reward for all that work is the No Time to Explain. It’s explained in the video below:
Destiny is available now on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.