Launching alongside Destiny 2‘s Season of the Drifter on 6 March here in Australia, the changes are designed to make the PvPvE mode more enjoyable. Here’s what’s being tweaked:
Destiny 2 Gambit changes
- Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death. This will speed up Gambit matches overall and add a change of pace to the final round.
- Overhauled how we choose the invader spawn location and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian.
- Implemented Idle Protection which means that players that remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match rewards or Infamy points.
- The Triumph “Light vs. Light” can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.
- Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
- Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
- Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
- Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.
Ahead of this, Bungie’s confirmed that Triply Infamy is play for the final week of Destiny 2‘s Season of the Forge, available from 4.00 am AEDT on 27 February through until 6 March.
Destiny 2 is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.