We used hands on-time with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey to explore what we could of its skill tree, looking through the Warrior, Hunter and Assassin paths.
Alexios — or Kassandra, if you prefer — are wonderfully Spartan. The skills we had unlocked in our hands-on were the famous 400-style Spartan Kick — useful for kicking opponents off ledges into deep, dark pits but also to knock enemies off boats and into shark-infested waters — the shield breaker and one that helped to regain much-needed health.
Here are all the skills that we were able to check out during our hands-on time.
Hunter skill tree
- Arrow Master: “Be a master of Paralyzing Arrows to knock out targets instead of killing them. Craft arrows in the Inventory Menu.”
- Multi Shot: “Target up to 4 enemies at the same time and shoot and arrow that deals 150% Hunter damage to each target.”
- Devastating Shot: “Unleash a blood-thirsty arrow that deals 150% Hunter damage. Effectiveness of Fire and Poison Arrows increases by 150%.”
Warrior skill tree
- Charged Heavy Attack: “Focus inner strength to unleash a powerful attack that deals 100% Warrior damage, knocks back, and breaks guard.”
- Spartan Kick: “A legendary kick that knocks a target back and deals 190% Warrior damage. The target won’t be killed, and can be recruited afterward.”
- Shield Breaker: “Keep those weapons clean and sharp. Increase Warrior damage by 10%.”
- Second Wind: “Live to fight on, refilling 25% of max Health.”
Assassin skill tree
- Revelation: “Summon Athena’s sight to reveal all secrets, including chests and hidden passages in a radius of 15 meters. All nearby enemies are tagged.”
- Rush Assassination: “Launch the Spear or Leonidas at a distant enemy to deal 100% Assassin damage up close. Can be chained 1 time.”
- Critical Assassination: “Launch a stealth attack with deadly precision, dealing 150% Assassin damage. Must be in range and out of conflict to perform it.”
- Stealth Master: “Become a silent killer. Noise from movement and Assassination is reduced.”
- Shadow Assassin: “Assassination and Knock Out damage are increased by 15%. Automatically loot the enemy after an Assassination.”
Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey heads to Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4 on 5 October, Ubisoft today announced. We’ve a post detailing all we know of the game here.
Steve Wright traveled to Los Angeles to cover Odyssey as a guest of Ubisoft. The arrangement does not impact our Ubisoft coverage, nor limit additional E3 2018 coverage.