Pokemon Sword and Shield is out now, and with it comes a slightly different set of Eeveelutions to complete.
We’ve got tips on how to catch Eevee (or Eeveelutions) and how to specifically evolve an Eevee below.
Catching Eevee (or an Eeveelution)
First, you’ll need an Eevee — or a bunch of Eevees — obviously. We’ve heard Eevee is easiest to catch early on in the game along Route 4.
If you’re looking for a specific Eeveelution to catch, try hunting under these conditions in the Wild Area, especially near the Lake of Outrage:
- Espeon: Can spawn in foggy weather
- Flareon: Can spawn in harsh sunlight
- Glaceon: Can spawn during snowstorms
- Jolteon: Can spawn in thunderstorms
- Leafeon: Can spawn under clear conditions
- Sylveon: Can spawn in cloudy conditions
- Umbreon: Can spawn in a sandstorm
- Vaporeon: Can spawn in rain
Sword and Shield Eeveeluions
Becuase Sword and Shield doesn’t have an Ice Rock or Moss Rock, things are a little different this time around. Here’s what you’ll need to do specifically when leveling Eevee up in hopes of a specific Eeveelution.
- Espeon: Level during the day with high Friendship
- Flareon: Use Fire Stone
- Glaceon: Use Ice Stone
- Jolteon: Use Thunder Stone
- Leafeon: Use Leaf Stone
- Sylveon: Level up with a known Fairy-type move and with high Affection
- Umbreon: Level during the night with high Friendship
- Vaporeon: Use Water Stone
Pokemon Sword and Shield is available now on Nintendo Switch.