Devil May Cry 5 is almost available, and we’ve the answer to your biggest questions: how many missions are there in it and how long will they take?
Easy — we’ve got spoiler-free information on that for you below. Without spoiling anything, the game has 21 missions and 12 secret missions. Our playthrough took us around 8-10 hours to complete on human, its lowest difficulty, and that’s without completing most of the secret mission challenges.
Want more information? Keep reading, but be aware that (some major) spoilers exist in the name of mission titles and the like.
Devil May Cry 5 missions
Of the 21 total missions, some are playable with a specific character, and some are playable with up to three. We’ve detailed the missions, their names and when you can play or replay as multiple characters below.
- Mission 01: Nero
- Mission 02: Qliphoth
- Mission 03: Flying Hunter
- Mission 04: V
- Mission 05: The Devil Sword Sparta
- Mission 06: Steel Impact
- Mission 07: United Front (Nero, V)
- Mission 08: Demon King
- Mission 09: Genesis
- Mission 10: Awaken
- Mission 11: Reason
- Mission 12: Yamato
- Mission 13: Three Warriors (Nero, V, Dante)
- Mission 14: Diverging Point: V
- Mission 15: Diverging Point: Nero
- Mission 16: Diverging Point: Dante
- Mission 17: Brothers
- Mission 18: Awakening
- Mission 19: Vergil
- Mission 20: True Power
Devil May Cry 5 secret missions
In half of the game’s levels, you’ll stumble upon some demonic etching. If you can line up the etchings so that it looks like a fully circular glyph, you’ll be able to play the secret mission the etching is hiding. Here are the secret missions we’ve found:
- Secret Mission 01: Eliminate all of the demons
- Secret Mission 02: Don’t let any Red Empusa escape!
- Secret Mission 03: Collect all of the Red Orbs.
- Secret Mission 04: Eliminate all of the demons without taking a hit.
- Secret Mission 05: Get to the goal without touching the ground.
- Secret Mission 06: Eliminate all of the demons in 20 seconds or less.
- Secret Mission 07: Aim for their weak point and take them down with a single bullet.
- Secret Mission 08: Maintain an S Stylish Rank.
- Secret Mission 09: Stay in the air for more than 15 seconds.
- Secret Mission 10: Get to the goal without touching the ground.
- Secret Mission 11: Head straight for the goal!
- Secret Mission 12: Collect a set amount of Red Orbs.
Completing a secret mission usually yields a Blue Orb as a reward. Want to know where we’ve found the secret missions? No problems — we’ve made a handy guide.
Devil May Cry 5 is out now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Devil May Cry 5 guides
- How many missions are in Devil May Cry 5?
- Devil May Cry 5 abilities and upgrades guide
- Devil May Cry 5 Secret Mission locations guide
- Devil May Cry 5 Blue Orb locations guide
- Devil May Cry 5 Gold Orb locations guide