Say hello to Destiny 2's version of Outbreak Prime.
Destiny 2 has a new secret Exotic quest and finding and completing it will award Guardians with the Outbreak Perfected, a new version of Destiny‘s Outbreak Prime. If you want the flashy new Pulse Rifle, here’s what to do.
Getting the Fallen Transponder
You’ll need to get the Fallen Transponder to start the actual quest, and that’s obtained through today’s Heroic Adventure on Titan, called Bad Neighbors. Whilst in the mission, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- After killing the Shrieker, head to the room on the left (not the door immediately in front of you). If the door doesn’t open, it’s likely you’ll need to complete the Rat King quest.
- Inside that room, head right and look for the device on a machine
The Transponder’s flavour text is as follows:
“A Fallen global positioning transponder, jury-rigged for operation by human hands. Its encrypted interface seems to require locational data. Beyond that, your Ghost can find nothing remarkable about this device except a brief plaintext message embedded in its header files.”
Finding the nodes
As you’d probably expect, there are six nodes to then find, as follows:
- Node 1: In the EDZ’s Drain Lost Sector. Look to a crate covered in a purple tarp.
- Node 2: In the EDZ’s Whispered Falls Lost Sector. This is underneath a broken road in the east. Look for stalagmites.
- Node 3: In the EDZ’s Atrium Lost Sector. Look behind a pillar after clearing the first wave of enemies from the area.
- Node 4: In the EDZ’s Widow’s Walk area. Look for a Lost Sector symbol in the northwest; the node is on a platform behind a hidden cache.
- Node 5: This is in Nessus’ Carrion Pit. The symbol is drawn on some torn steel, though you’ll need to go down and around to actually get to the node itself.
- Node 6: This is in Nessus’ Rift Lost Sector. Head towards that and look for a steel container down a ramp from the Lost Sector cache.
To the Farm
Once done, you’ll need to head over to the Farm and complete a 690 mission called Zero Hour. It’s a timed, 20-minute mission. Fun, eh?
You can also grab the Void Configuration item which looks to launch a Ship quest too. Details inthe video below:
Once you’ve done all that, the Outbreak Perfected is yours. It comes complete with The Corruption Spreads perk again, which will spawn damaging SIVA nanites on rapid hits and via precision kills.
A new perk, Parasitism, will deal bonus damage to those with SIVE nanites attached to them.
If you’re game to try the Heroic version of Zero Hour, you’ll also earn yourself the weapon’s Catalyst.
Destiny 2 is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.