The Alien Blaster was one of the coolest weapons in Fallout 3… and it remains the same in Fallout 4.
I ran into a crashed Alien ship last night, and thanks to help from various redditors and YouTuber Razed, have retraced my steps to unlocking its secrets.
There are a bunch of steps to getting the Blaster, and we’ve summarised them with a video and images below:
[Update: Our video exploded, so thanks Achievement Hunter!)
- First, you need to complete the Vault 75 quest. To do that, head to the Malden Middle School. It’s southeast from Vault 111 — but then again, what isn’t? If you’re having trouble, go right up to the top of the map and head east to find Recon Bunker Theta, then head straight down to the school.
- Once there, head into a room with a cage to gain access to the basement. We’ve attached a couple maps for your ease.
- From there, legend has it that you need to head northeast towards Greentop Nursery, then west to the Old Gullet Sinkhole. That apparently triggers an Alien spacecraft overhead. I didn’t see that bit, but nonetheless, I did encounter the Alien craft afterwards. Can’t hurt to try it though, eh?
- From there, head to the Beantown Brewery. It’s east of Fort Hagen and north of Vault 81. Set a custom marker south of the brewery and look for a rocky area. The Alien craft should have caused some destruction — look for fire.
- The next trick is to follow the Alien pilot’s blood from the crashed UFO to a nearby cave. Take him out, and then take the Blaster.
More Fallout 4 guides:
- Interactive collectibles map
- All Bobblehead locations and associated perks guide
- Aliens have (crash) landed in Fallout 4: How to get the Alien Blaster
- Where to get Power Armor (and how to use it!)
- Get Power Armor and a Fat Man within the game’s first hour
- Use this infinite caps glitch before its patched
- Settlement crafting explained
- Crafting material common locations guide
- Cosplay as Han Solo and the Silver Shroud
- Get a room and make friends in Vault 81
- How to find Vault 75 (and get one more Bobblehead!)
- Here are a bunch of cheat codes for Windows PC!
- Turn off the frame rate cap on Windows PC using an Nvidia card
- Can’t find Dogmeat in Sanctuary? Build him a home!
- Here are the 924 names Codsworth can call you
- Here are all the default male and female main character faces