MINOR SPOILER WARNING: There are some very minor spoilers below about The Evil Within 2. There’s nothing at all detailed about its story, but if you want to know NOTHING (not even how long it is), go back now.
So we think The Evil Within 2 is pretty damn good. For more on that, check out our full review. The franchise has always had a solid core, but this time around, there are open-world segments and side quests that actually matter. You’ll want to put your controller down, but you’ll struggle to in the end.
As such, we thought it would be helpful to know exactly how much you’ve got left.
How many chapters are there in The Evil Within 2?
The Evil Within 2 has 17 chapters in total, and that took us around 14 hours to complete. In our playthrough, we finished all side quests and collected most of the game’s collectibles.
What do you get when you finish The Evil Within 2?
There are also some pretty sweet incentives for finishing the game. They’re as follows:
- New Game Plus mode: Take your upgrades and collectibles into round two.
- Classic difficulty: The game says to abandon all hope when playing in this difficulty.
- 40,000 Green Gel: For use from Chapter 3 onwards.
- Professional outfit: This is equipped from the coat rack within Sebastian’s Room.
- Drifter outfit: Same as the Professional outfit.
- Classic outfit: As above. This’ll make you look like Sebastian from the original game.
- Magnum: You’ll get this powerful weapon from Chapter 2 onwards.
- Letterboxing: This is Tango poking fun at itself — the letterboxing in the original game was thought to accomodate for last-gen versions of the game.
There you have it — enjoy!
The Evil Within 2 is out now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.