The Battlefield 2042 Hazard Zone mode has been detailed by EA and DICE and we’ve got all you need to know below.
Hazard Zone explained
Hazard Zone will pit two teams against one another, each of which is tasked to retrieve and safely extract Data Drives from a map, fighting the other team while doing so. Extracting Data Drives will provide players with Dark Market Credit, the mode’s currency, which can be used to purchased Tactical Upgrades and loadout improvements.
On current-gen consoles, a match will involve two teams of 16 (32 total); on last-gen, 24 players total will take part. Within those two teams, players will be divided up into squads of four; no single squad can have two of the same Specialist.
Each player in Hazard Zone has a single life; if downed, you can crawl to safety in hopes of a revive. Felled players can be brought back from the dead if a teammate uses a Reinforcement Uplink, of which some are scattered through the map and others as a Tactical Upgrade.
Hazard Zone is playable upon all seven launch All-Out Warfare maps: Kaleidoscope, Manifest, Orbital, Discarded, Renewal, Hourglass and Breakaway.
Hazard Zone Specialists
The following Specialists were detailed, alongside special systems and tools:
- Kimble ‘Irish’ Graves: Fortification System, Veteran trait
- Pyotr ‘Boris’ Guskovsky: SG-36 Sentry Gun, Sentry Operator trait
- Webster Mackay: Grappling Hook, Nimble trait
- Maria Falck: S21 Syrette Pistol, Combat Surgeon trait
- Wikus ‘Casper’ Van Daele: OV-P Recon Drone, Movement Sensor
Graves of course is a returning character from Battlefield 4 and is portrayed by actor Michael K. Williams, who has recently passed away.
“Speaking on behalf of the entire team, we are still devastated by the loss of Michael,” DICE’s Daniel Berlin told Stevivor. “But we felt it was important that his legacy lives on within the Battlefield universe.”
“Irish will be available as a playable at launch, and we are working with Michael’s team to define his story going forward. We want to continue to honour his amazing work and celebrate his contributions.”
Hazard Zone Tactical Upgrades
- Free upgrades:
- Starting armor: Start with +20 armor
- Negotiated Bounty 1: 50% additional forces for kills on Occupying Forces
- Purchasable upgrades:
- Squad Reinforcement: Reinforcement Uplink that can bring back killed squadmates. Can only be used once!
- Quickdraw Holster: Switch weapons +15% faster
- Data Storage: Data Drive carry capacity increased by +2
- Loadout Insurance: Should you fall in battle, reimburses 50% of Loadout and Tactical Upgrade costs
- Biometric Scanning: Spot enemies for 50% longer
- Faster Healing 1: Heal 20% faster
- Faster Healing 2: Heal 50% faster
- Ammo Increase 1: Additional +1 magazine for primary weapon
- Ammo Increase 2: Additional +2 magazines for primary weapon
- Insider Information: Reveal Data Capsule drop locations 30 seconds before they land
- Throwable Increase 1: Increase throwables by +1
- Throwable Increase 2: Increase throwables by +2
- Table Deal: 100% addtional credits reward for extracted Data Drives
Battlefield 2042 heads to Windows PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, PS4 and PS5 on 19 November.
19 November 2021
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.