The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: Re-release Game of the Year 2016
Innovation and beauty in one amazing package.
Stevivor’s GOTY 2016 awards in full swing, today naming the best re-release or re-master of 2016.
With a number of titles vying for the top spot, Tantalus Media’s re-release of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD has won us over.
We decided to give the award to Twilight Princess HD as it added much-needed improvements to the cherished game rather than simply present it in current-gen HD.
“Twilight Princess finds itself in a rare situation where many fans never played how it was intended,” Ben said of the re-release, first given to fans as a cross-platform offering on both GameCube and the gimmick-heavy Nintendo Wii. “Twilight Princess is a stellar entry in a series with few serious faults. The dungeons are excellent, housing some of the best puzzles to ever confront Link.”
Runner up: Both Batman: Return to Arkham and Bioshock: The Collection are three-game bundles that offer quality titles for a reasonable price on current-gen.
STEVIVOR’S GOTY 2016
- Best virtual reality game: Nothing!
- Best action-adventure game: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Best re-released game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- Best role-playing game: Dark Souls III
- Best platform exclusive game: Pokémon Sun and Moon
- Best strategy game: XCOM 2
- Best shooter game: Battlefield 1
- Best sport game: Dirt Rally and Forza Horizon 3
- Wooden spoons: Way too many to name here
- Stevivor staff picks
- Reader’s choice: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End