Including Destiny's version of Halo's Grunt Birthday Party.
The Destiny 2 Forsaken Well of Wishes raid room has been discovered, offering players — including us under-levelled, solo-types — the chance to unlock loot, keys and even the Destiny version of Halo‘s classic Grunt Birthday Party.
Anyone can access the room, really — you can get to it solo without any combat. Here’s what to do.
How to get to the Well of Wishes raid room
To get to the Well of Wishes, load up the Last Wish Raid and look to the left of the room you first enter. You can climb up a platform to follow a purple path that will eventually lead to the wish room itself.
Here’s a video from Gladd that shows exactly how to get there. Skip to 1:31 to get to the actual tutorial bit.
The Well of Wishes is basically a room with a giant wall that lets you input different codes into it. That’s done by shooting each circle a certain amount of times to toggle between a series of images. There are 14 total codes — or Wishes — that can be input by doing this. Once a code has been entered, you need to step on the button on the floor just in front of the wall itself.
Well of Wishes codes
Here you go — with huge thanks to the Raid Secrets subreddit. Click on the Wish you’re after to see its pattern in a new window.
- First Wish: A wish to feed an addiction — Grants an Ethereal Key (for use after defeating Riven)
- Second Wish: A wish for material validation — Spawns a chest requiring a Glittering Key between Morgeth and the Vault.
- Third Wish: A wish for others to celebrate your success — Receive “Numbers of Power” Emblem
- Fourth Wish: A wish to look athletic and elegant — Warp to Shuro Chi (encounter 2). This also provides access to the same chest you can access via a special glitch, offering access to Raid gear for under-levelled Guardians. (See below for more.)
- Fifth Wish: A wish for a promising future — Warp to Morgeth (encounter 3)
- Sixth Wish: A wish to move the hands of time — Warp to Vault (encounter 4)
- Seventh Wish: A wish to help a friend in need — Warp to Riven (final encounter)
- Eighth Wish: A wish to stay here forever — Plays “Hope for the Future” song
- Ninth Wish: A wish to stay here forever — Gives easter egg dialog from Failsafe throughout the raid
- Tenth Wish: A wish to stay here forever — Gives easter egg dialog from The Drifter throughout the raid
- Eleventh Wish: A wish to stay here forever — Adds Grunt Birthday Party-style confetti and sound effects when hitting headshots in Last Wish. (See below for more.)
- Twelfth Wish: A wish to open your mind to new ideas — Adds effects around your head (traveler orb, butterflies, etc)
- Thirteenth Wish: A wish for the means to feed an addiction — Activates “Flawless” modifier in raid (any death ends raid)
- Fourteenth Wish: A wish for love and support — Spawns taken “eggs” in the raid, destroy them with Wish Ender
Well of Wishes Fourth Wish — how to get the Raid gear chest
Here’s a video to show you how to backtrack from the Fourth Wish spawn point in order to get to the Raid chest. Hope you like jumping!
Well of Wishes Eleventh Wish — Destiny’s Grunt Birthday Party
If you want to see the Eleventh Wish in action — with slide whistle sounds and all — we’ve got you covered. Skip ahead to 0:40.
We hope your wishes are granted on this lovely Friday afternoon!
Destiny 2 Forsaken is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.