Xbox FanFest: Sydney 2016 events, detailed
Here's what 250 lucky gamers can expect to do at the end of the month.
Xbox Australia today detailed the events that will form the Xbox FanFest: Sydney 2016.
Three main events will run, as follows, from 27-29 September:
- Tuesday 27 September – Forza Horizon Festival (3:00pm – 7:00pm AEST): That afternoon, Xbox FanFest really shifts into a new gear as we host a Forza Horizon Festival right here in Sydney! Taking place at Sydney Dragway, Xbox FanFest guests will get to experience what it feels like to be in a drift car first hand, get hands on with the game in Xbox Alley, and get up close and personal with the Xbox Australia “Dream Machines” – two fan-fuelled, custom built motors created to celebrate the launch of Forza Horizon 3 – which will be battling it out on the drag strip in a high-octane showdown on the day. Special guests including Mike Brown from Playground Games, the developer behind Forza Horizon 3, will also be on site to meet and greet fans.
- Wednesday 28 September – Gears of War Event at Bondi Icebergs, with Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer (4:00pm – 7:30pm AEST): On Wednesday afternoon, Xbox FanFest guests are invited to attend an exclusive, first of its kind Gears of War 4 inspired event at Bondi Icebergs, Sydney. In addition to having the chance to get hands on with exclusive Gears of War 4 gameplay – two weeks before the game’s official release on 11 October – fans will also hear Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer and The Coalition Creative Director on Gears of War, Chuck Osieja, discuss the highly-anticipated title. The two will be answering questions on Gears of War from fans during the event which will take place against the iconic backdrop of Bondi beach.
- Thursday 29 September – EB Expo Xbox Booth Early Access (5:00pm – 8:00pm AEST): On Thursday 29 of September, Xbox FanFest attendees will have exclusive early access to the Xbox booth at EB Expo and get hands-on time with Forza Horizon 3, Dead Rising 4, while being the first in Australia to play Gears of War 4 Horde Mode! Fans will also have the chance to meet the developers from each of these titles, as well as well as the cosplayer Frank West and zombies which have been brought to life to celebrate Dead Rising 4.
Tickets for Xbox FanFest: Sydney 2016 will be given on a first-come, first-served basis from 10.30 am on Tuesday, 27 September at the Microsoft Store in Sydney’s Pitt Street Mall. Tickets are free, but only 250 will be given away.
Eligibility for tickets is as follows:
- All tickets are free, but available on a first come, first serve basis – get there early to avoid disappointment!
- Xbox will provide transportation to and from each event from a central Sydney location as well as refreshments – no need to organise your own transport or food!
- Every ticket-holder has to be over 18 years of age
- One ticket; one person – tickets are non-transferable and cannot be resold
- The ticket and transport from Sydney is free, but guests are responsible for their own flights and accommodation if travelling from interstate or outside the city
Best of luck to all vying for a ticket!