Rise of the Tomb Raider: Soviet Installation XP exploit
Unlock those skills early.
Now that Rise of the Tomb Raider is in your hot little hands, we thought we’d help you out with a few handy tips and tricks to make your time in Siberia slightly easier.
This tip is about an XP exploit that you come across early in the game, that you can use to help level up early and unlock some skills. It’s a bit of a grind, but if you’re desperate to level up before tackling the bulk of the game you can use the method below.
- After completing Mountain Peak, The Prophet’s Tomb, The Siberian Wilderness and The Glacial Cavern, Lara will reach the first major hub: Soviet Installation.
- At the first available Base Camp (Installation Vista), head down the zipline and follow the path ahead. A single enemy will be at the bottom of the hill who can be stealth-killed from the bushes.
- Next take out the two enemies together by distracting one with a thrown bottle (which is part of a tutorial).
- Head over the wall and you’ll be in a small open area with a statue and plenty of chest high walls. Take out the enemies here however you prefer; stealth or action and head into the building.
- Once up the stairs clear out any remaining enemies and follow the map marker. Lara will eventually reach a long zipline into the next section and on using this zipline you’ll be awarded 75 XP for entering the building with stealth.
- Kill the enemies in the interrogation room in the building and head through the air vent to enter another combat room. Once cleared and you’ve blown open the door, take out the last few enemies up ahead and then climb through the gap in the top right corner.
- A new Base Camp will be available. From here fast travel back to the Installation Vista Base Camp and make your way back down the hill, through the area with the statue, up the stairs and onto the long zipline. Once again you’ll be awarded 75 XP. Continue onto the new Base Camp and fast travel back to the Installation Vista to repeat the process as many times as you like.
ARVE Error: The video is likely no longer available. (The API endpoint returned a 404 error)
The method isn’t the quickest or most interesting and while you’re constantly awarded XP for exploring, hunting, collecting and killing, this can help if you’re struggling and need a boost.
In case you missed it, our Rise of the Tomb Raider review can be read here. Stay tuned tomorrow for more tips on tackling the Siberian wilderness.