Report: The next Assassin’s Creed is subtitled Syndicate, won’t include multiplayer and will feature a playable female protagonist
12 May 2015   Home » News » Report: The next Assassin... Share

Report: The next Assassin’s Creed is subtitled Syndicate, won’t include multiplayer and will feature a playable female protagonist


It’s being reported today that the next title in the Assassin’s Creed franchise will be subtitled Syndicate, won’t include a multiplayer mode and will feature a playable female character.

According to anonymous sources, speaking with Kotaku, the next game won’t be named Assassin’s Creed: Victory as previously reported. Instead, going by Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate to reflect the criminal underworld in which the game will take place.

The sources also claim that Syndicate will star a brother and sister pair named Jacob and Evie Frye whom which players are able to swap between as they play between missions. Jacob will allegedly take on the meat of the game’s missions with 75% of them dedicated to him, with Evie taking on the remaining 25%.

The sources also claim that Syndicate won’t feature a multiplayer mode. Syndicate will be set in Victorian London and is due to be officially unveiled by Ubisoft tomorrow.

Ubisoft drew criticism last year following comments made at E3 regarding the difficulty of animating female characters. Ubisoft claimed that was the reason there were no playable females in Unity.

Leo Stevenson

Leo Stevenson

I've been playing games for the past 25 years and have been writing for almost as long. Combining two passions in the way I'm able is a true privilege. I'm mostly drawn to single player, story driven games and couch co-op, but will occasionally delve into multiplayer.