Mario Kart 8’s second DLC pack fully detailed, priced
Nintendo Australia today confirmed details of Mario Kart 8′s second DLC pack.
The pack, available 23 April, contains the following character and vehicles:
- 3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
- 4 Vehicles : Bone Rattler (Bike), City Tripper (Bike), Streetle (Kart), P-Wing (Kart)
Also included are eight courses:
- Animal Crossing: A special Animal Crossing inspired course that changes season – spring, summer, autumn, winter – each time you race.
- Big Blue: A re-mastered version of Big Blue from the F-ZERO series.
- Super Bell Subway: Navigate an underground subway, and watch out for oncoming trains to reach the finish line.
- Wild Woods: Drive up and down a giant tree inhabited by Toads and Shy Guys and experience a mysterious landscape.
- Baby Park (GCN): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Double Dash! – prepare for a chaotic course comprising 7 laps.
- Cheese Land (GBA): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Super Circuit – full of cheese-themed obstacles and even a hungry giant Chain Chomp.
- Koopa City (3DS): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart 7 – drive through the pouring rain at night in a city controlled by Bowser, and decked out in dazzling neon lights.
- Ribbon Road (GBA): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Super Circuit – set in a miniaturised world packed with ribbons and toys.
Moreover, a free game update will launch at the same time, and includes the following:
- 200cc class added for Grand Prix (after completing all 150cc cups with a gold trophy), VS Race, and Online.
- 9 amiibo characters unlocking Mii racing suits: Wario, PAC-MAN, Olimar, Bowser, Sonic, Toad, Villager, Rosalina and Mega Man.
The second DLC pack is priced at $10.00 AUD or $14.00 NZD. The pack can be purchased alongside Mario Kart 8‘s first bundle for $16.00 AUD or $20.00 NZD.
Those who purchase both DLC Packs 1 + 2 can get access to 8 different-coloured Yoshis and 8 different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.