Battlefield 1: Best shooter Game of the Year 2016
We’re near the end of our Game of the Year 2016 awards, so it’s time to bring out the big gun: Battlefield 1 as the year’s best shooter.
It was practically a no contest this year, as Titanfall 2 was equally deserving, yet no one played the damn game. Despite many other outlets awarding Overwatch best shooter, we at Stevivor felt Battlefield 1 excelled with strong single- and multiplayer offerings.
“The Runner will be the highlight for most Australians, as a rare opportunity to feature the ANZACs,” Ben said of a specific single-player campaign in his review. “Players abroad probably won’t appreciate the gentle ribbing of the Kiwis or the competitive fury with the Poms – let alone accurate Aussie accents.”
Runner up: Doom could have easily taken away this category if it has a multiplayer that was actually decent. Sadly, it let a superb single-player campaign down.
STEVIVOR’S GOTY 2016
- Best virtual reality game: Nothing!
- Best action-adventure game: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Best re-released game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- Best role-playing game: Dark Souls III
- Best platform exclusive game: Pokémon Sun and Moon
- Best strategy game: XCOM 2
- Best shooter game: Battlefield 1
- Best sport game: Dirt Rally and Forza Horizon 3
- Wooden spoons: Way too many to name here
- Stevivor staff picks
- Reader’s choice: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End