Dirt Rally & Forza Horizon 3: Best racing or sports Game(s) of the Year 2016
We've our first tie!
It’s the night before the night before Christmas, and all through Stevivor, we basically deferred to Nicholas on the best racing or sports games of 2016.
Sure, there were a lot of sports games this year — as in every year — but our crew is equal parts football, basketball and hockey loving, so that proved too hard to deliberate. Instead, we decided we all enjoyed a lap around the track more this year.
According to our resident rev-head, Nicholas, Dirt Rally gets the gong for being technically proficient, and the rest of us enjoyed Forza Horizon 3 because of its Aussie-based arcade hijinx.
“The devil is in the detail, and it’s the cherry on top of the ice cream when it comes to the realism factor in Dirt Rally,” Nicholas said of our first winner in his review.
Meanwhile, Stuart’s review of Forza Horizon 3 simply needs to be read to be believed. We won’t spoil it for you.
Runners up: Every other sports game released this year. Well done, you year-on-year releases!
Join us next week for our top games of the year, our wooden spoons and — finally — the chance for you, our readers to weigh in!
STEVIVOR’S GOTY 2016
- Best virtual reality game: Nothing!
- Best action-adventure game: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Best re-released game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- Best role-playing game: Dark Souls III
- Best platform exclusive game: Pokémon Sun and Moon
- Best strategy game: XCOM 2
- Best shooter game: Battlefield 1
- Best sport game: Dirt Rally and Forza Horizon 3
- Wooden spoons: Way too many to name here
- Stevivor staff picks
- Reader’s choice: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End