Here's how to update your Xbox One controllers ahead of Titanfall
Current-gen is a strange beast, my friends; not only will you need to update your consoles occasionally, but your controllers too.
Separately, we might add.
While the Xbox One pre-Titanfall update has started rolling out and improves Friends and Party functionality, your controller isn't updated by the process. Instead, you have to take the following steps:
- Make sure your console is on and you’re signed in and connected to Xbox Live.
- Connect your controller to the Xbox One via micro-usb.
- Go to the Xbox One settings page ("Xbox, go to Settings").
- Select "Update controller".
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for additional controllers.
Enjoy fancy new controller firmware goodness!