GAME NAME: Grand Theft Auto V
DEVELOPER(S): Rockstar North
PUBLISHER(S): Rockstar Games
PLATFORM(S): PS3, Xbox 360
GENRE(S): Sandbox, Crime-sim
RELEASE DATE(S): 17 September 2013
Reports have surfaced of players losing story mode saves, progress and experiencing game breaking glitches following the GTA V title update that unlocked GTA Online.
Users on both NeoGAF and Rockstar Support detail that save files have been completely erased after installing the title update, losing hours of progress. There have also been reports of users losing access to certain weapons and the inability to switch characters or progress further in the story mode.
It appears that while many players have installed the patch without issue, some unfortunate others are experiencing severe issues even including the story mode being entirely unplayable, despite being offline. Rockstar is well aware of the issues and has published a list of known bugs and glitches for GTA Online on their support page. Rockstar has yet to comment on the range of single player issues.
Rockstar has apologised for the issues and thanked fans for their patience, stating, “We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification whenever major updates are posted, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.”
In a comment on the Rockstar Newswire post detailing GTA Online, Rockstar says, “the GTA V Title Update to enable Grand Theft Auto Online access has been rolling out this morning on PSN and Xbox LIVE across territories worldwide. As mentioned last week, you should expect that there will be some technical teething issues in the early days of a new online experience especially one as massive as GTA Online – you can stay apprised at the Rockstar Support site here.”
While I was lucky enough to update, log in and play GTA Online with no problems, I understand I was one of the few.
How has your GTA Online experience been thus far?
UPDATE: Rockstar has acknowledged the following known errors as part of the title update last night. They are:
- Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading,failed logins, emails not arriving, etc).
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying “Mission Failed” as soon as the mission begins during a session
Rockstar is currently working on a fix. If you have been experiencing issues outside of the list above, they advise to get in touch at [email protected]