[one_half=”yes”][gameinfo title=”Game Info” game_name=”XCOM: Enemy Unknown” developers=”Firaxis Games” publishers=”2K Games” platforms=”Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC” genres=”Turn-based Strategy” release_date=”12 October 2012″][/one_half]
Surprising everybody today was the announcement and release of the second lot of DLC for XCOM – “Second Wave” – on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
Coming via a free title update, the content adds a host of new options designed to add new and greater challenges to the game. Here is a complete list of changes;
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
The content is designed to increase the re-playability of the game and extend its life while at the same time increasing the difficulty. Fans of the original are sure to be pleased.
The “Second Wave” DLC is available on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 for free from today.