Yesterday’s Sony press conference at TGS wasn’t all just the new slim slim PS3, you know. Sony also announced that PlayStation Mobile users would have access to the PlayStation Store for Mobile, and that PlayStation Vita users will soon have access to PlayStation Plus on their devices.
The PlayStation Mobile Store will be available to Australia, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, the US and the UK from 3 October. “In the dramatically evolving smartphone and tablet market, SCE will offer appealing PlayStation-like content to a variety of popular mobile devices,” they confirmed.
“At launch, users will be able to enjoy approximately 30 new titles from a variety of genres including Adventure, Action, Puzzle, Sports, and Simulation, at an affordable price point of between 50 yen and 850 yen (including tax), created by third party developers and publishers as well as SCE Worldwide Studios. Further content will be released frequently for PlayStation Mobile as new titles become available,” Sony continued.
Furthermore, Sony also announced that PlayStation Plus will be arriving on the Vita this November. Users new to the program can buy a subscription package that suits, available in 30, 90 or 365 day plans. Those with existing Plus memberships from their PS3 will enjoy Plus benefits on the Vita at no extra cost.
Benefits of PS Plus include:
- Games – Members will be able to play the full versions of designated content for PS Vita available on PlayStation Store as long as membership is effective, at no extra cost. The lineup of games that will be offered and other details will be announced at a later date.
- Discounts – Members will have access to exclusive discounts on designated content for PS Vita.
- Online Game Save – Members will automatically or manually be able to upload game save data files for compatible games to Online Game Save Storage with 1GB of space on the PlayStation Network.
- Automatic content downloads and updates – PS Vita will automatically download designated game demos and game updates, and also download system software updates. PS Vita will automatically start up to download content and will enter standby mode after the download has completed.
- Automatic Trophy sync – PS Vita will automatically start up at a designated time to sync Trophy information with PlayStation Network servers.
We’ll have more details on the availability of Plus closer to November.