[one_half=”yes”][gameinfo title=”Game Info” game_name=”Resident Evil 6″ developers=”Capcom” publishers=”Capcom” platforms=”PC, Xbox 360, PS3″ genres=”Action horror” release_date=”2 October 2012″][/one_half]
We talked about ResidentEvil.net — Capcom’s answer to services like Bungie.net and Battlelog — last week, but now Capcom’s just given us access to a handy video that explains the site’s features and demonstrates its look.
For those of you who want a text-based list of features:
- Comprehensive stat tracking — Enemies killed, weapons used, medals earned and more
- Compare your game with those of friends and other Resident Evil 6 players around the world
- Link your status with Twitter & Facebook
- Share your latest achievements with friends
- Receive alerts when your high score has been beaten
- Free Smartphone App to launch alongside the service, for iOS Android and Windows Phone
- Earn RE.Net points just by connecting to the service or entering events
- Exchange points for cool items including additional Mercenaries costumes or figures to place in your very own Resident Evil diorama
- Compete in regular organised events
- Compete in these special events to win the ultimate accolade, the Champion’s Belt
Personally, I love it. This is a feature that adds to the game, but isn’t necessary… and will keep die-hard fans like me returning for more. The Champion’s Belt will only be issued to one person in the world at any given time… and in my opinion, that’s a bit much. I’ll never even get close to coming near it.
Resident Evil 6 launches on PS3 and Xbox 360 on 2 October, and later on PC.